SAFE WHEN WET has proven, cost effective solutions to improve the safety of nearly ANY commercial surface. Our specialized floor treatment process will increase the Coefficient of Friction (COF) on YOUR floors, so they meet ADA and OSHA standards, keeping guests safe, while protecting the natural beauty of your floors.
Our Anti-slip Process generally involves 4 steps:
1. Identification – We conduct a walkway audit of your facility to identify potential slip and fall hazards needing attention.
2. Measurement – Safe When Wet then uses a professional –grade Slip Meter, to assess the Static Coefficient of Friction ( S.C.O.F ) of your floors, to determine if your floors meet ADA or OSHA guidelines.
3. Treatment – We prefer to first treat a small area with our proprietary process, at NO COST TO YOU, so you can experience the difference between the “treated” and “untreated” surfaces. Once you have approved the full service, we will apply the “micro-tread” treatment to your entire floor, until your SCOF exceeds OSHA/ADA guidelines.
4. Follow-up – Even though our treatment is guaranteed for several years, Safe When Wet conducts scheduled, bi-annual visits to test and measure treated areas to ensure proper traction levels are maintained.
Our process for tubs and other surfaces is similar.
Below are some of the more common types of surfaces we treat.
Tile and Stone Treatments
Safe When Wet’ anti-slip treatments will dramatically increase traction and improve safety on wet and dry tile or stone floors.
• Falls are the leading reason for pediatric ER visits.
• One-third of emergency room visits for children ages 14 and under could have been prevented by the use of safety treatments.
• Falls are the leading cause of death among people 65 and older.
Safe When Wet’ specialized floor treatment process will increase the Coefficient of Friction (COF) on YOUR floors, so they meet ADA and OSHA standards, and keep guests safe, while protecting the natural beauty of your floors.
There’s a reason why America’s most trusted hotel brands use the Slip Doctors floor treatment process to protect their floors and guests: Rain, snow, or even a coffee spill, can turn a beautiful lobby into a significant hazard.
Most organizations resort to floor mats. Sometimes they help, but floor mats can’t remove all of the moisture from shoes, and they can’t be everywhere.
Bath Tubs and Shower Floors
Bathrooms can be the most dangerous room in your building. Over the last several years, we have seen rapid growth in the number of tile floors, showers, and ceramic tubs in new or remodeled hotels. While beautiful in appearance, these surfaces become very slippery, and even dangerous when wet – especially for older quests and small children.
Safe When Wet can we can treat your ceramic or fiberglass tubs with our long lasting durable tub grip, raising the Coefficient of Friction (COF) to safe levels for users, making it anti slip with no appearance change.
We have a similar product that can be applied to your tile floors,that will increase the Coefficient of Friction (COF) to safe levels for users, making it anti slip with no change to the appearance of your floor. And the entire process takes less than 1 hour.
Our scratch-resistant, anti-slip urethane sealer is crystal clear, and creates a durable finish that is chemical resistant. It is especially designed for use on Wood, Vinyl, VCT, Cork, Laminate and other surfaces. It is also available in many finishes, from matte to high gloss.
Restaurant Kitchen and Dining
Steam, water, grease, and food can combine to create a dangerous kitchen or dining room environment.
Restaurant kitchens and dining areas are a hotspot for slick, unsafe floors.
Outdoor areas can become slippery when wet.
Our non-slip floor coatings are perfect for entrances, outdoor steps, walkways, paths, parking lots, elevated walkways and many more outdoor environments.
Turn common wet areas into a mat free, worry free non-slip surface!
Safe When Wet of the Carolinas will guide you through the process of selecting and installing the best slip protection available.
Hospitals and Medical Centers
Due to the high cleaning standards of US medical facilities, it is not uncommon for floors to be wet in multiple areas on the hospital floors.
Shopping and Grocery
Senior Assisted Living
Our most aggressive coatings can be used inside or outside to make any floor anti-slip. Ideal for concrete, metal, or wood surface where maximum traction is needed.
Industrial Heavy Duty Applications
Our most aggressive coatings can be used inside or outside to make any floor anti-slip. Ideal for concrete, metal or wood surface where maximum traction is needed. Popular uses are on loading ramps, rooftop walkways, warehouse floors, garage floors, etc. This one-part anti-slip coating is environmentally and user-friendly. Our aggressive coatings are made for durability. They are chip, scuff, and impact resistant. It also comes in a variety of colors.